EyeTV Schedule without EPG?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ArtOfWarfare, Jun 8, 2008.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Okay... I've noticed that the TitanTV EPG included with EyeTV lite just isn't working on some days. Today is one of those days... but I have something I'd like to record durning the night. How can I schedule a recording without the EPG?

Is there another program that'll let me do it? Will EyeTV lite do it and I just haven't found the option yet (in which case could you tell me where it is?) Can I just open a text file and fill in a bit of data then save it in Documents => EyeTV and change the extension to .eyetvschedual?

Thanks in advanced

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You can create manual schedule items in the application itself. Click on Schedules on the left. The right-click anywhere on the background of the Schedules pane in the right and choose new, the only menu item. You can set all the options you need.

3. p.luik macrumors regular

4. p.luik macrumors regular

TitanTV EPG is working right now for me, and is recording a tv show that i had scheduled previously right now. But go to File>New Manual Schedule...

5. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Oh... I found the issue with my EPG.

Somehow I got switched from Cable to Analogue... that would also explain "No Signal"

And dang it, wouldn't you know that Family Guy already came on. :(

They really should have that on more times a week... replace their weekday midnight simpsons with a weekday midnight family guy...

Edit: Well... at least now I know how to do Manual Recordings now (I've had the EPG fail before for a few days at a time without it being an issue with me being switched from Cable to Analogue...)