eyetv signal loss repeatedly

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacDuff, Sep 6, 2008.

1. MacDuff macrumors regular

I'm hooking my Wii up with my eyetv hybrid (3.03) on my my intel macbook pro.

The extreme lag issue I'm told is not solved until i uncheck "timeshift enabled" in the preferences. But I can't hold a signal for more than a few seconds with that unchecked. Any one know how to solve this? It seems like everyone can hook up their wii with the eyetv hybrid but me. What am I missing?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hmm, yeah, it definitely works here (with a PS2) once I've disabled timeshift. Try connecting a different device (such as a DVD player) and see what happens there.

3. MacDuff thread starter macrumors regular

i just tried hooking av composites to the eyetv with my dvd player. It's prety much the same results as my wii.

Enable Timeshift: Checked = Video signal works immediately

Enable Timeshif: Unchecked = No Signal for video, just audio

Why would that be? Doesn't it take less computing power to uncheck timeshift? I'm running a Macbook Pro Intel core 2 duo with 2 1/5 gigs of ram.
    Do i have a gimp eyetv hybrid?

4. MacDuff thread starter macrumors regular

okay, now it's weird. I get a signal, than it shuts off, then i get a signal, then it shuts off. back and forth. I'm using s-video with my wii. Overscan off, Progressive scan. I've tried every deinterlacing option and it still shuts off and on. what's with that?

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

6. MacDuff thread starter macrumors regular

I contacted Elgato, we'll see if i get a response via their ticket system?

I would have thought either the connection is there or it isn't. So to have it for a little bit, then to go away is bizarre.

Has anyone else experienced this of your video signal turning on and off?

7. MacDuff thread starter macrumors regular

Got it working. finally.

I don't know if it's just me, but I reinstalled the software from the eyetv and have been having no problems like earlier. The signal is working with enable timeshift unchecked. That means I'm on 3.02 and staying there. So my guess is that it's a bugger version on my end. Anyone else had this problem or others with 3.03?

8. agoeller macrumors newbie

Thank you MacDuff!

OMG I have been having these in and out signal problems with my Wii as well, and they didn't start until a couple weeks ago. I had tried EVERYTHING. In addition, I was getting sound crackling in every game on the Wii and even while navigating the Wii Menu. But when I reinstalled the old software (version 3.0) everything is working superbly! Just wanted to say thanks, I thought I was going to have to get my Wii fixed! Sounds like there are some serious signal problems with the 3.03 update, I hope Elgato fixes this soon!