EyeTV skips/jumps when recording

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DubOverdose, Jul 30, 2008.

1. DubOverdose macrumors member

I have my EyeTV Hybrid connected to my MBP (current base 15" with 4gigs ram), and the older 2.5.3 software for EyeTV. When I watch live tv, all is fine, but when I record, the recordings are...crap. The video will jump or go in fast forward, etc. Basically seems like the computer isn't "recording" every frame, thus it jumps/goes in fast forward when it hits a patch of unrecorded content. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, including whether the newest 3.xx whatever software fixes this? I don't want to pay $40 to find myself with the same issue for a product I rarely use. Thanks

2. harry454 macrumors 6502

that is odd, what are the specs of your MBP and are you using cable or antenna?

3. DubOverdose thread starter macrumors member

Cable, computer is MBP 2.4GHz C2Duo, 4gigs RAM, 256mb video. The EyeTV hybrid did this as well with my 1.5GHz PB with 1 gig of ram, but I had always figured it was just too slow of a computer to handle it. Oh well. I really just wanted to record the USA v Turkey basketball game thats starting now. We'll see what the quality is like when I get home.

4. harry454 macrumors 6502

yeah try checking the cables in all the way, might be software? I have the new eyetv and mine runs perfectly fine, I record cops each night, and that's also using antenna. Call up eyetv support see what they have to say.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Upgrade to 3.0. It's much better. Also before you record make sure you click on control>go to live. Eyetv often uses a buffer and when it does you might experience what you are experiencing.

6. DubOverdose thread starter macrumors member

Well I'm 15 minutes in to the recorded game and the video is perfect. I now need to decide if I want to get a Mac Mini for a media center and use the EyeTV.

*also of note: I did not use the small USB cable that came with my EyeTV for this recording since I figured that might be a source of quality issues if the cable is damaged.