EyeTV Sleep Timer? Stop Programs after some time?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fleshman03, Jan 28, 2009.

1. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Hey Fellow MacRumorians,

My question for our software gurus is this: do any of you know if there is a sleep timer for EyeTV? Since I ditched my TV for the device, I gave up a sleep timer and really miss it.

Maybe there might be a program to turn off a specific program after a period of time? That's not the idea solution since the remote would be useless, but that's alright.

Free is best, as always.

Edit: I don't want the whole computer to turn off. I usually seed out some open source stuff at night. That's why I'm not using the Apple provided stuff.

2. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

So you just want an app that will close the EyeTV program after a specified duration?

3. fleshman03 thread starter macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Pretty much. I'm playing around with Aurora 3 (Direct Download Link). The third one is under a freeware license - not the forth.

I actually found it right after I posted this. I'm open to other suggestions.

4. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

You can just use AppleScript. Open "Script Editor.app" and type in (you have to edit the last line).
    Code:
    display dialog "Timer duration (in minutes):" default answer "60"
    delay ((the text returned of the result) * 60)
    tell application "AppName" to quit -- Set AppName to the name of the application you want to quit.
    Then go to "File>Save As…" give it a name, save location, change the file formate to Application, and uncheck any checkboxes.