Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Attonine

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Kent. UK
The recent update of Eye TV still hasn't fixed the bug where the application will suddently freeze, (sometimes only the sound, sometimes only the picture, and often both) and refuse to quit, even force quiting just leaves the icon in the dock with the little black arrow under it saying it's still open. The only solution is to log off and back on again in order to be able to relaunch the application. In fact, the update has made this issue much more frequent on my system.

I have searched Macrumors but haven't found any references to this bug. I know it's fairly common as I have found it mentioned in several other forums. I am very disappointed that El Gato hasn't managed to fix this bug with this update. I have sent a "ticket" on their support site, and am awaiting a response from them.

apfel

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2007
I had the same problem after the update. I deinstalled the update and use the old version (I believe it is 2.2) which works a lot better for me. I agree with you that elgato should try to sort out their problems.

Grasbak

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2006
UK
1. Have you tried trashing the preferences files? I think there are 3 - one of them means you have to setup the channels again.

2. Are you always connected to the internet? I was offline for a while in Jan and because I had the tv guide set to update automatically it froze the application and I had to force quit and log out/in to start over. I think the problem was that the mac thought it was connect to the internet as it was connected to the router - problem was, the router wasnt connect to the internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.