EyeTV stops video on MBA after few minutes!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macaztek, Oct 31, 2009.

1. macaztek macrumors newbie

First I want to apologize for my English, is not so good :-(
    I just change a old MBA 1.6 GHz (OSX 10.6.1) for MBA 2.13 GHz (also OSX 10.6.1) and haven problem with EyeTV (3.2.1 version) via Pinacle Hibrid Stick 330e. Soft start excellent - I can see video for few minutes (3,4-5) and than video stops - audio is going (but only for next 2-3 minutes). To see something I have to restart soft or unplug an plug stick to USB port (I do not use HUB, I only use extension of USB cable - MBA have not so much space to plug directly Pinacle Stick). I have to say that on old MBA everything works fine, same OSX version, same USB extension cable, etc.). I try to see if soft and stick works on another computer - I use MacBook Black version (last black configuration) and results: no problems. Video do not stops! I try to find solution on macs forums but I did not find anybody who have this problem. Please for help and advises.
    All Best from Poland
    MacAztek

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

are you sure that you havent run out of hard drive space?? it creates a "buffer" of all the video, if that runs out then maybe it stops working?

goodluck with it

3. macaztek thread starter macrumors newbie

22 GB HDD Free :)

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

sorry for the late reply, had to work!

what is your CPU/RAM usage like when it freezes up?

5. TheSecondRandom macrumors newbie