EyeTV stuttering

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by robgendreau, Dec 23, 2013.

1. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I've got the latest version of EyeTV running on a Mac with 10.9.1. It worked fine on my iMac, but since migrating it stutters. The machine is clearly fast enough, and I've tried running it with memory in RAM, with extensions off, reinstalling, etc etc.

The really odd thing is that the stuttering stops if I mouse down on an EyeTV menu. As soon as I release the button to mouseup, stuttering returns. I suspect I've got some setting or other turned on somewhere that is doing this, but I sure can't figure out what it is. Doesn't happen in any other program. I've tried disabling all text expanders, spell checkers, etc that I can find, but I've probably missed one. Ideas?

Rob

2. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

I've been using EyeTV successfully with 10.9.1 on a 2009 iMac. Have you tried a new user account to see if it's caused by a configuration issue or running application in your account?

3. don1138 macrumors newbie

I'm having a quarter-tonne of display and finder-related problems with 10.9 myself, but thankfully my EyeTV is still working fine.

At least so far… DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!

4. robgendreau thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes, I've tried with a different user account. No change; still stutters.

5. interstella macrumors regular

interstella

I get a slight stuttering every couple of minutes or so that lasts for just a second or two. Is this what you're getting or is yours more continuous?

I'm also using 10.9.1 on a late 2013 27" iMac.

6. robgendreau thread starter macrumors 68030

Mines more frequent, like every couple of seconds. But it can go a few without problem. If you hold a mouse button down on a menu, does the stuttering stop?

7. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I'm using an EyeTV-HD, came from my late 2009 to a late 2012 mini running everything from Snow Leopard on up through to Mavericks 10.9.1.
    I've never even given stuttering a thought until reading about here on this thread, needless to say I've never experienced it.