EyeTV think something wrong with my USB port...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sunnzy, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Sunnzy macrumors regular

What the hell is going on? It worked for the past month (in my right USB port) and it was still working last night!!! I plugged it into my other (left) USB port and that is still working...

Attached Files:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What sort of Mac do you have? What other peripherals are plugged in? If it's a laptop, is it running from battery power? :)

3. Sunnzy thread starter macrumors regular

MacBook Pro (the newest one.); doesn't have anything plugged in, only built-in stuff like iSight; it is running on battery, however I have always been using EyeTV on battery and it is still working on my left USB port anyway.

The problem is that the way my TV and other stuff are positioned that it isn't very good to use the left USB port, the right USB port is much better in terms of position to the TV set and it always worked...

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Even though it's already working on one side, try plugging the power in.

5. Sunnzy thread starter macrumors regular

I'll try that once I got home. (Got exam in 5 minutes.)

As a side note though, EyeTV seem to have acting weird lately while running iWork'08. I always Quit iWork'08 before using it, but I forgotten to do so once a while, like to today.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

7. Sunnzy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, the exams was so-so... should pass!!

Plugging in the power does not do the trick. I got it to work now by rebooting the machine, which is what I have always did.:mad:

I believe there are memory management conflict between iWork'08 and EyeTV, has no one had the same problem?:(