EyeTV -> TV

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
I have an EyeTV and the Red/Yellow/Blue AV cable that I use to record stuff from VHS to my computer. However, I cannot seem to figure out any way to use EyeTV to output from my computer to my TV. Is there any way to get this to work?

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
I have an EyeTV and the Red/Yellow/Blue AV cable that I use to record stuff from VHS to my computer. However, I cannot seem to figure out any way to use EyeTV to output from my computer to my TV. Is there any way to get this to work?
What computer do you have?

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Correct me if I'm wrong but EyeTV is for input/capture only, it's not capable of output.
That's right.

The OP will have to use a (mini-DVI-)DVI-HDMI, S-video, or (mini-DVI-)DVI-VGA connection for the video and the digital-RCA or analog-RCA for the audio. I can't think of any other possible connections.

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
Ok, thanks.

Further questioning: I have a Macbook. Would an S-Video Cable on its own allow me to output video to a TV, or would I need some sort of adapter as well?

mahonmeister

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
Redlands, CA
Ok, thanks.

Further questioning: I have a Macbook. Would an S-Video Cable on its own allow me to output video to a TV, or would I need some sort of adapter as well?
I believe the only video output the MacBook has is mini-DVI out, so you will need an adapter like this. Maybe you could find a cheaper one somewhere else, but I believe that is the exact adapter you need.

iDave

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2003
I go from my MacBook to my HDTV using a mini-dvi to dvi converter; then dvi to hdmi. I run a separate cable connected to the audio out on the MacBook. Works great. This is how a lot of people are using Mac minis as home theatre PCs. (The mini doesn't need the mini-dvi to dvi converter.)

If you have an older analog TV, you'll need different stuff.