EyeTV

markfc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Prestatyn, Wales, UK
Hi, I forgot to make a note of my EyeTV Hybrid serial before I clean installed leopard and I can't find the box anywhere.

I did image the drive first though...anyidea what I need to copy over so it doesn't keep asking me for the activation key?

Many Thanks
Mark

MacPhilosopher

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
Phoenix
Contact Elgato...

Hi, I forgot to make a note of my EyeTV Hybrid serial before I clean installed leopard and I can't find the box anywhere.

I did image the drive first though...anyidea what I need to copy over so it doesn't keep asking me for the activation key?

Many Thanks
Mark
Did you register the product with Elgato? If so, perhaps they will have the number. If they cannot provide your number, you just need to copy over the preferences (com.softwaremaker.softwarename.plist). While there are other preferences, I believe the serial number will be contained in this file.

Comment

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI

Many Thanks
Mark
I had the same problem, email them and they will email you a new activation key. they were surprisingly really great when i had a problem

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.