Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Hi,

I have only 2 Windows comptuers running F@H, with the rest of my systems running MacOS.

My Dell D505 has completed 3 work units, the only issue is, only one of them was counted! Were did they go, and why didn't I get any credit for them? THis Dell is running 24/7 and takes 3 days to complete each WU.

Thanks for any help..

Considering a re-install

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
It sometimes takes a couple of days before you get the credit, but haven't seen that in over a year. It could be that you don't get credit for them at all, maybe the WU's premature quit, or the data was corrupt when sending back. Too bad for you!

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I've found that I have to wait for about a day or two (when on dialup) for the results to even be sent back to them. It sends back a large data set, so they may not have got it yet or... like the person said, they probably haven't counted it yet. If I remember right, they update statistics about every 3 or 4 days.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
looks like you both were correct!

It took a day for credit to show.. Now I am still waiting for my G4's to complete their first WU's. The Dual 533, with 1 protien per processor is way behind my G4 500 single processor with one protien. The 533 has been sitting idle for 4 days, while the 500 has been Ripping CD's, and playing on Itunes.. Not sure why the dual is slow. after the WU completes, I am going to try a fresh install.

The other odd ting with my 533, is whenever I open terminal, it trys to start the Script that set that macintosh up for Dual processing of F@H. It has made my Terminal useless until I have time to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.