iPad F.lux question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shyam09, Jun 2, 2012.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

So I just noticed this problem as of now and was wondering if anyone else had similar issues.I have jailbreaked my iPad 3 and installed f.lux. Just recently now, whenever it's on halogen mode, the left side of the screen flickers maybe every 6 seconds. The thing is I never noticed this before.

It does it more if i make the screen more warmer, but I w just wondering if others have experienced something similar to this...

2. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09

it seems to have stopped right after i posted this, lol. weird...:confused:

3. compolly macrumors newbie

the same issues as yours

hi! I was bothered with the same problem on my ipad4 so i search the web for solution and read your post.

I saw the left side of my ipad4 flickering about every 1 second when waking it up and I felt sick that it maybe the hardware trouble. I was trying to uninstall f.lux and found the flickering gone. Then I reinstall f.lux and see no flickering so far. I don't how it happens but just wish it's not about the hardware level problem. I'll see what's going on after.

4. hafr macrumors 68030

On the iPhone 5, I noticed that if I had a certain app running/suspended/whatever you want to call it (I can't for the life of me remember which one, I tend to try a lot of them), there would be huge graphical errors in Safari when scrolling.

Could that be an issue here? Does it only happen in certain apps, or with certain apps in the background?

5. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

I can't say I have this issue on my iPhone 5 (been using f.lux since the day evasi0n dropped) but there is a note in the f.lux Cydia page advising iPad 4 users to disable Long Transition to avoid the flicker, try and see if this helps.

6. compolly macrumors newbie

Thanx 2 much for the kind instructions! and I will follow the advice ASAP. :)

7. compolly macrumors newbie

I just shut down long transition and found no flickering so far and BTW, will the flickering do any harm to my IPAD4 hardware, which I am sort of worried about.