Fable II

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gloss, Oct 25, 2008.

1. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

its in the mail for me. Looks good and has a lot of good reviews. Some parts seem silly and uncomplete (marriage/kids thing for example) and the stupid emotes look as annoying as the first game BUT it looks solid and love the idea of buying an entire town :D

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I played it at a friends house....its a good game. I haven't done anything significant in the story as yet but so far so good. The controls feel good but its quite the button masher with only one button mapped for melee action.

Bless

4. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

I liked the first Fable, although I think its a bit overrated. My friend thinks it's the best game ever and I want to pound him.

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

lol yeah not the best ever,,, but pretty high up there...i loved teh MAx Payne games...

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Traded in Infinite Undiscovery and got Fable 2 yesterday. A much better game and one that I'm enjoying so far.... now where do I find my same sex partner ? :D

7. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

If you highlight someone and press 'Y' it will tell whether they're gay or straight.

I'm really enjoying the game, for all the glitches and little issues it has. There's a ton to do without the game being so deep that I feel like I'm getting lost in it. It fits my tastes nicely.

The script and voice acting are way, way above par, as well.

8. esco macrumors 6502

esco

I poured a lot of energy into the game, but the glitches have really affected my experience with it. My first time through I encountered the "Rescue Charlie" glitch, making my A button useless. This happened right before the final part of the game...needless to say, it pissed me off.

My second big glitch happened on the second time through the game. After I beat the main story, I went back to complete the "Love Hurts" quest, but I can't complete it because the graveyard keeper won't accept the final body part.

I guess I'll just wait for a patch...won't really matter since GoW2 comes out in 5 days.

9. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I played it at my friends house this past Friday. It's a pretty fun game. I'm waiting for it to come out for PC though since I don't have an Xbox 360.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm really enjoying it... my character is as camp as they come and evil as **ck. The fact that I have the choice to make my character like that and it happens naturally rather than forced really shows the strength of the game.

The amount of husbands I've seduced and knocked off their wives and robbed them blind is astounding...... and i've still got time to play Fable 2 :D

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I finished it in a week. Fun. But.. I feel like it ended early and left a lot open for Fable III. Good game, fairly expansive, especially in comparison with the original. Fun graphics and fun plots and subplots. One thing that kind of bugs me though.. 1 play through, you can get all magic/fighter/archer stats. The whole notion of tailoring your character to one of the 3 "classes"? Pointless.

I don't think I'll do too much replaying though. Maybe when I get bored.

After I finished it, I finished The Lost Odyssy.

Moved onto "Tales of Vesperia". Entertaining, despite being kinda.. how to describe?
    Love the cell shading look.
    Lengthy plot.
    Just so... Japanese.

Waiting on Last Remnant.

12. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I picked this up after reading some great reviews; and I really don't get the attraction of the game. To me, it lacks anything like the depth of Oblivion. The loading between areas is a bit jarring. The map is too small to be very useful The quests are very simplistic - to the point where I wondered if this was more of a child's game; until I stumbled across the sex references!

Which is my chief beef about this game - I can't get laid! :p (I hate it when games are THIS realistic!) Is there some trick to it? Do you have to be married? Admittedly, my character is female and thus finding a suitable same-sex partner is more difficult. But even with the most 'attractive' clothing, I can get them to follow me to the bed, but that's it.

(Once I figure that out, I'll probably drop the game and go back to Far Cry 2/Shivering Isles! :D )

13. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You have to progress far enough to get the "wanna go back to my place?" gesture. Careful of STDs. ;)

14. XianPalin macrumors 6502

I may pick it up in a while after I'm done playing some other games.

A guy at Gamestop the other day started talking to me about it while waiting in line. He told me "Man, I was at a friend's house the other day. I'll tell ya, I got 3 kids, but I stayed at my friend's house for 8 hours playing this game, I couldn't put it down." :p

15. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

State Transition Diagrams? Gotcha! :) Wish the manual had mentioned that!

p.s I love your avatar - pity it doesn't come with music!