Face Gallery

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chrismac2, Jun 15, 2016.

1. chrismac2 macrumors regular

chrismac2

Does anyone else besides me, think that we might be getting some sort of Watch Face store after all, with WatchOS 3?

I mean, in the Watch app on the phone in iOS10, doesn't it seem overkill to have this "Face Gallery" tab where you see all the watch faces you have available, and can "add" them to your watch from there? The previous method of selecting your watch faces and customizing them on the watch itself worked just fine.

I wonder if we're going to have a much larger library of faces to choose from soon, making it necessary to select which ones you want on your watch, from your phone, because there will be too many to have them all loaded on the watch at the same time?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Considering how many watch faces there are currently, it makes sense to have it in the app to let you organize and customize. I hated doing it on my watch itself...it seemed cumbersome. I agree there may be a store at some point or Apple may now be able to add new faces on the fly without an update, but for now, it gives you a bigger canvas to customize and manage your watch faces.

3. Volusia macrumors regular

Volusia

Yes, I think they probably will offer faces via the store. Or someone will create and sell an app that allows you to create your own. Personally, I am happy with what is currently being offered....

4. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

I really hope so. With that speed boost, I feel the only thing that's missing is a much larger library of watch faces.

5. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

I would say this is very possible. The new way on the iPhone is definitely way more scalable.