iPhone X Face ID and True Tone stops working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OfficerTenpenny, Mar 12, 2018.

?

Please anybody with the same experience...?

1. No idea

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. I can help

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OfficerTenpenny macrumors newbie

OfficerTenpenny

Please anybody with this idea, My Face ID stops working because my phone became very hot while i was making use it then few minutes later i used it in my pool not up to 3 minutes maybe it would help it cool it down in a kind of way so ever since then it started misbehaving I tried charging it I did not charge anymore plus my Face ID not working anymore. Anytime I put it on my Face ID after reseting my phone it becomes very hot again plus my True tone disappeared I'm tired of this issue please anybody "No more charging, Face ID doesn't work, True Tone disappeared now i use the wireless charger and it charge. Please how can I make my Face ID and charger port work again....?

2. TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

When you say you used it in your pool, was it ever submerged? Despite the rating, electronic and chlorine are not good friends and should be kept apart if at all possible.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Sounds like you may have a possible hardware problem. You should go to the Apple store right away.

4. OfficerTenpenny thread starter macrumors newbie

OfficerTenpenny

Thanks for the idea

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It appears the water resistance is compromised. When you used it in the pool, was the iPhone submerged? Either way, it appears water damage might be causing intermittent issues.

6. OfficerTenpenny thread starter macrumors newbie

OfficerTenpenny

I started thinking it was submerged earlier today because it’s not my first time swimming with it.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have water damage and it’s causing the phone to malfunction. At this point, your only option is to have Apple likely replace the phone if it can’t be repaired. Sometimes it’s a fair reminder that iPhones and water don’t mesh well.

8. TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

Just be warned that whilst they should be OK, it may be possible that Apple get stroppy with you if there is water damage. Just be prepared to fight them on it if they do. While the X is rated at IP67 that's meant to cover accidental water incursion.

Take a look at this page to see if you've tripped their Liquid Contact indicator:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204104

If it is showing red then it's possible they may give you grief over repairing or replacing your device.

9. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

It's 100000% water damage, he's just going to have to come out of pocket 600.00 if he didn't have Apple Care + or 100.00 if he has Apple Care + and they allow him to use his accidental warranty