Face ID fail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deeds500, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deeds500 macrumors 6502

1 in 1000,000, is that what Apple said?

Hope none of you have nosey twin siblings.

I'll just leave this here.

2. snatefinch macrumors member

Posted multiple times and Apple said right up front in the keynote that twins could fool it. I would say the fact that not every pair of twins can fool it says a lot, when you add in the fact that only 3% of the population is a twin.

3. Damstr macrumors 6502

4. JohnApples macrumors 65816

A.) This has already been posted and discussed over the last couple of days.

B.) Apple specifically stated in the keynote that if you have an identical twin, your odds are going to be lower. That’s obvious.

C.) The amount of people buying an iPhone X that have a nosy/evil identical twin is probably extremely low.

5. Diorama macrumors 6502a

6. Radon87000 macrumors 604

7. walex19 macrumors regular

walex19

8. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

Lolol “I’ll just leave this here.” Nice dismount. You should be so proud of yourself. Wow.

Don’t ever get wet or overly dry hands as TouchID will also “fail”.

9. Jjayf macrumors 6502

I've heard stories of twins fooling spouses to the point of sleeping with them. If twins can fool a life partner, there is no technology today that can't be fooled including DNA.
    If you have a nosy twin, and have information so sensitive that you don't want the one person on earth closest to you seeing, disable the function and use a pass code.

10. walex19 macrumors regular

walex19

I think the OP is some fandroid jihadist. Look at his other posts lol

11. pl1984 Suspended

Aside from Apple Pay I can't see the fuss over locking and unlocking a phone.

12. Deeds500 thread starter macrumors 6502

Didn't know this was posted, so apologies about that. But let's not sweep this under the carpet, hey.

Apple decided to fix what was not broken with something that is already prioving to be inferior and not fullproof.

TOUCH ID 1
    FACE ID Nil

13. Diorama macrumors 6502a

It’s clear that you don’t have a job. Not one that uses your hands anyway.

14. snatefinch macrumors member

No one is sweeping this under the rug. Touch ID was never fool proof either.

15. firewire9000 macrumors 6502

Some trolls are funny, others are cringe worthy. You are worst.

16. willmtaylor macrumors G4

willmtaylor

For someone who hates the iPhone and Tim Cook and Apple so much, you sure do hang around here and post about them quite a bit.

17. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

How is anyone sweeping anything under the carpet...? This isn’t newsworthy...

What is “fullproof”?

“Proving to be inferior”? How? Facts? Source?

Nothing is going to be 100% FOOLPROOF* in this realm yet anyways, and no one ever said that it was. I tend to believe Apple when they say it’s more secure than TouchID over someone who has never been in the same room as an iPhone X.

18. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

1 out of 150 is an identical twin. That means, 6,666 people out of 1,000,000 can access each others phones with FaceID if they use an iPhone 10.

This was all noted when Apple revealed the iPhone 10. They specifically stated identical twins and FaceID. I would be less concerned about my identical twin accessing my phone than a random stranger who doesn't even look like me. Get it?

19. Damstr macrumors 6502

Yes because announcing the issue with twins and FaceID at a keynote for the whole world to see is "sweeping it under the rug."

20. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

21. MarcMller macrumors regular

hahahaha i love this thread! everyone tearing this guy up! i'll never understand why android fans are all over this site? dont you have other sites you can go on?

22. Hoosier317 macrumors 6502a

Hoosier317

You once created a thread where you claimed, in the title, to hate the iPhone X with a passion. Are you just trying to stir the pot? Are you feeling bitter because launch day is nearly upon us?

23. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

[/QUOTE]

The day when a face other then a twin (which Apple specifically have said it can fool face ID) can unlock someones iPhone X you are welcome to open a thread with a big spectacular tittle Face ID Fail. Until then it is not a fail, or at least nothing unexpected.
    And chill, it's alright for iPhone X to be a brilliant phone. We don't hate Android phones around here.

24. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's numerous threads on this topic, no need to keep posting the same thing over and over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.