Face ID getting faster or just placebo?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alee, Nov 8, 2017.

1. alee macrumors 6502

Haven’t decided whether I’m just getting used to it and it’s becoming a seamless part of my day-to-day use of the phone, or if that machine learning is just getting more smart about who I am. Maybe it’s both, but either way it’s very fluid and very fast... 5 days later, I don’t even think about it anymore.

2. wittyphrase macrumors regular

Mine felt very fast to start with, so it doesn’t seem faster, but I do notice it working at more extreme angles. Like I’ll go to bring the phone up to me and see it unlock while en route.

3. alee thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah maybe that’s what I’m experiencing. The off axis performance is so good right now. As I tilt and swipe up it’s always unlocked and ready.

4. macher macrumors 65816

macher

It’s becoming seemless for me. Once in a while it doesn’t work and I have to use my passcode but it was like that with Touch ID. I would say Face ID works better than Touch ID. Very rare it doesn’t work. Sometime it’s so fast I don’t realize it.

5. its Dale macrumors 6502

Apple said it learns your face more each time...

6. dazz87 macrumors 65816

dazz87

7. EOD_Operator macrumors newbie

This right here.

8. FoxD macrumors 6502a

It's amazing, I was skeptical but wow, it rocks. No way I would go back to Touch ID.

9. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

This is what makes it so great. To have a feature that will only get MORE reliable and quick with use is incredible.

10. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I really couldn’t agree more. It’s pretty damn cool. Fast and accurate, pull out the phone swipe up and it’s open before you can even use it.