Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
I got the replacement iCarez matte screen protector for my iPP 11 and installed it earlier this week. FaceID setup went without a hitch and has been working great. I was really blown away yesterday morning when I sat down to use my iPad while I was wearing a cap with ear flaps and a bill and FaceID recognized me.

So far, I haven’t had any problems with it and I’ve been using it in less than ideal circumstances. We’re at our camp and our camper has sub optimal lighting at night.

I’m liking FaceID more than I thought that I would.

Kwozzii

macrumors member
May 24, 2010
I fancy something like that myself but not sure how it’d get on with the pencil, is this something you have tried?

Kwozzii

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
I fancy something like that myself but not sure how it’d get on with the pencil, is this something you have tried?

Kwozzii
This screen protector works great with the pencil. It gives a bit more texture so writing on it feels more like paper.

I personally can’t use it because while it makes the screen less sharp for most people, it makes me see rainbows across the surface.

Reactions: Kwozzii

Kwozzii

macrumors member
May 24, 2010
Have you noticed any extra wear and tear on the pencil? Just thinking that if it’s a matte protector it’s gonna wear the tip down quicker.

Kwozzii

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Have you noticed any extra wear and tear on the pencil? Just thinking that if it’s a matte protector it’s gonna wear the tip down quicker.

Kwozzii
Well it’ll mimic a pencil wearing down as well as writing feel. It’s a win win.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012

Kwozzii
I only used it for a couple of hours, so... I can’t speak to any long term impact on the pencil, but tips are cheap, so, I don’t think it’s something I’d worry about.

Reactions: 1rottenapple

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I only used it for a couple of hours, so... I can’t speak to any long term impact on the pencil, but tips are cheap, so, I don’t think it’s something I’d worry about.
Ya seriously wear is fine. Unless the pencil tips starts smoking, I wouldn’t worry about this.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017

Kwozzii

I haven’t used my pencil much, but I like the feel of the pencil on the matte screen protector.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I got the replacement iCarez matte screen protector for my iPP 11 and installed it earlier this week. FaceID setup went without a hitch and has been working great. I was really blown away yesterday morning when I sat down to use my iPad while I was wearing a cap with ear flaps and a bill and FaceID recognized me.

So far, I haven’t had any problems with it and I’ve been using it in less than ideal circumstances. We’re at our camp and our camper has sub optimal lighting at night.

I’m liking FaceID more than I thought that I would.
I’ll keep the OP in mind when tomorrow rolls by.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.