iPhone Face ID Issue

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by MeasterHD, Jul 22, 2019.

1. MeasterHD macrumors member

MeasterHD

Because I don’t know how it worked on other versions I’ll post here. I have latest beta iOS 13.
    Today I had an idea to try Apple pay using Face ID with closed eyes. In almost 90% it went through. So if there will situation when you pass out somewhere in a pub then for thief it’s very easy. Just scan your face while you’re sleeping.
    I’m not sure how long is there interval for between successful scan and paying. (after few minutes phone still was ready to pay - hold near reader).
    I’m hugely disappointed. Anyone can use Apple pay of your iPhone while you’re sleeping. At least with iOS 13.
    Anyone can confirm it too?

2. Mr.Blacky macrumors 6502

Do you have attention awareness on or off in settings?

3. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Have you maybe turned off attention aware in Face ID settings? This makes it so you don’t have to look at the phone for unlocking etc.

4. MeasterHD thread starter macrumors member

MeasterHD

I have all on.

Attached Files:

5. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

Neither my XR nor iPP 11 will unlock if my eyes are closed. They both unlock if only one eye is open.

6. MeasterHD thread starter macrumors member

MeasterHD

Yea, my XS Max also won’t be unlocked with eyes closed. I’m talking about confirmation by Face ID in Apple pay.

7. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Yeah that's weird. If you haven't already, file a bug report. That is a serious bug

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I started a thread about Face ID on beta 4. Mine keeps being unable to read my face. Works really randomly. A restart only temporarily fixes the issue. As does resetting Face ID. Anyone else experiencing this?

9. richpjr macrumors 68040

richpjr

My Face ID suddenly stopped working in beta 3. I have tried to set it up again and it tells me to position my face within the frame and then it freezes. After a few seconds I get the error that Face ID is not available and to try and set it up later.

10. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Mine is still doing it on beta 5. How about yours? I think I might try a backup/restore and see if it fixes it. I’m
    worried it might be hardware based.

11. richpjr macrumors 68040

richpjr

Unfortunately, mine still doesn't work either with the new beta.

12. johaen8 macrumors member

I am unable to duplicate. If I close my eyes and attempt to use Apple Pay, it doesn’t unlock until I open my eyes.