Face ID pop up on Macrumors Forum

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M33-1, Nov 5, 2017.

1. M33-1 macrumors regular

M33-1

Anyone else have their Face ID icon pop up randomly when viewing this forum. Mine does it all the time like it’s checking some security info. It happens whether I’m logged in or not to the forum.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

3. Phish311 macrumors regular

4. mahoneym macrumors newbie

Yes mine just did also. I was not logged in.

5. bogie66 macrumors member

bogie66

Just happened to me this morning. I don’t think it happened to me yesterday.

6. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Mine was doing that when I got the phone. I wasn’t logged in. I think it’s accessing saved passwords via Face ID because now that I’m logged in, it hasn’t done it.

7. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

Pretty much this. Your passwords are saved to your phone. Face ID is basically a way to verify that it’s you trying to access the password for this site. I think it’s pretty cool. Had a similar feature on my S8. I could log into different sites with the eye scanner or finger scanner

8. S3rv3d macrumors member

This happened to me when I wasn’t logged in. I haven’t seen it since I have though. However I think it’s good that Face ID will not allow to you login using keychain passwords, unless it has authenticated you.

If i handed an unlocked iPhone with Touch ID to someone previously, they could sign in using my saved keychain passwords. Now with Face ID it checks before filling in the passwords. Pretty nice I think.

9. KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

I think Apple needs to do a better job of communicating this security feature, since most people are thinking it as an annoyance or freaking out that some websites are stealing their Face ID map or something...

10. stulaw11 Suspended

Go into settings>face id & passcode and switch off safari autofill. Done.

Unless you are worried about someone logging into sites once your phone is already unlocked somehow.... That would only really be if you gave your phone to someone to use.

11. mrklaw macrumors 68020

Perhaps it’s getting into a login loop? Eg it’s filling in your username/password automatically, but not checking the 'keep me logged in' box. So every time you visit you’re logged out and FaceID/autofill logs you in again?

I get this sometimes with LastPass where if you auto fill the password it also seems to click 'submit' so you don’t get time to check the box to keep signed in