Face ID Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrRugged, Nov 8, 2017.

1. MrRugged macrumors member

Does anyone know if you can get Face ID to attempt to look at your face to unlock after it fails the first time? I see the lock shake like it tried and failed but then can’t get it to scan again. I usually just let the lock screen fade to black and tap to wake to retry. I’m surprised it isn’t continually checking while the lock screen is on. Anyone know?

2. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

nrvna76

Yea. It’s not the most intuitive process but I’ve been able to hit cancel quick and then swipe again and it works.

3. krazirob macrumors regular

krazirob

It does. Mine does. Will try and look three times before forcing you to use password

4. MrRugged thread starter macrumors member

But I never see the lock shake or do anything. It just sits there after the first try and won’t open unless I swipe up and then it will be forced to authenticate. Just making sure that’s how it is or if there’s s setting or something to change this.

5. tman1425 macrumors member

Mine does the same thing. I don’t know if there is a way to make it keep scanning. It is pretty annoying if the first attempt doesn’t work. I usually just hit the power button and then tap the screen again to wake it up and have it scan. Hopefully there is a fix for this.

6. TechNismo macrumors 6502

TechNismo

CURRENTLY IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. THE BEST METHOD I FOUND WAS TO SWIPE UP ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN (ONLY LIKE A CENTIMETRE), THEN SWIPE DOWN (LIKE A CENTIMETRE AGAIN) THEN IT WILL TRY AGAIN, WITH OUT YOU HAVING TO SWIPE UP FROM THE BOTTOM AND ACCESS THE PASSWORD PAGE. NOT THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY, BUT PROB WILL BE FIXED THROUGH iOS UPDATES

7. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

double tap up arrow (shift key) to turn off caps lock