Face ID+ wearing gloves =

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gelie, Nov 10, 2017.

1. gelie macrumors 6502

2. DiveKitty macrumors 6502

Yes, I still have to wear touch sensitive ones for the swipe and gestures, but I don't have to do the awkward partial glove removal to get my fingerprint anymore, or have to type in a passcode when the Touch ID fails because my fingers are 3 more seconds away from frostbite :p

3. adrianlondon macrumors 65816

adrianlondon

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Its great, except the screen doesn't work in the cold, for now.

5. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 65816

Suckfest 9001

Touch ID + Phone on Table + Not having to pick it up =

6. DiveKitty, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

DiveKitty macrumors 6502

= ?

You don't have to pick up the X to use Face ID. I can use Face ID just fine with my X flat on a table or desk. Unless you are talking about the phone being so far away from you flat on a desk that you can't even really see the screen at all, at which point if you can't see the screen why are you needing to unlock it anyway? It's irrelevant in that scenario.

--- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    Hopefully they fix this soon as they indicated they would be. It has been -10 to -20 C here since I got my X and this strange bug does not seem to have affected me so far, but I am waiting for it!

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I just need to look at my iPhone X on the table, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. adrianlondon macrumors 65816

adrianlondon

Do you lean over the phone and twist your head, or kind of sidle up to it holding the side of the desk? Your picture is vague :D

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's not affecting everyone. The issue will be rectified through a software update. At least it's not a hardware related issue, where it has to be exchanged.

10. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

I know, was just joking.

11. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

This. I initially thought it was the hardware but softwares could fix a lot things.

12. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 65816

Suckfest 9001

Basically yeah. There's no way it'd work from a desk unless the phone was aligned with your head and at a relatively small angle.

And "Unless you are talking about the phone being so far away from you flat on a desk that you can't even really see the screen at all" is a cop-out angle - if you honestly can't think of a single scenario where FaceID's limitations force you to change the way you're looking at the phone, you're far beyond chatting with regarding this subject.