Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
regardless , if u have an iphone and the other persons # in contacts it says if it is an iphone and what type. under mobil it will say iphone (or it will say iphone 4).

edit: only if u register it as an iphone instead of mobil sorry i was wrong
edit2: actually im not sure i know there is a option for iphone, but at wwdc there was one that said iphone 4 and i cant find that i can only find regular iphone. so im bot sure.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
regardless , if u have an iphone and the other persons # in contacts it says if it is an iphone and what type. under mobil it will say iphone (or it will say iphone 4).

edit: only if u register it as an iphone instead of mobil sorry i was wrong
edit2: actually im not sure i know there is a option for iphone, but at wwdc there was one that said iphone 4 and i cant find that i can only find regular iphone. so im bot sure.

im quoting myself here but can someone check this out for me because like i said i couldn't find iphone 4 only iphone, so does it know if u have an iphone. or if u put iphone does it realize what kind or something of this sort.

HarrisonB

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
im quoting myself here but can someone check this out for me because like i said i couldn't find iphone 4 only iphone, so does it know if u have an iphone. or if u put iphone does it realize what kind or something of this sort.

it doesn't say iphone 4, but if the person has one there is a little camera next to the facetime option.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
it doesn't say iphone 4, but if the person has one there is a little camera next to the facetime option.

o ok because i saw a demo at wwdc and there was a part demoing face time and they went in to contacts and they all said iphone 4 under the type of phone, this is what led me to believe this. sorry for the confusion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.