Face Time Can't Hear The Other Person

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I just tried face time for the first time and I was barely able to hear the other person at all! We tried it a number of times but always the same issue. He would have to scream into the mic for me to be able to even hear anything (and i still had to put my ear up to the speaker to hear anything). I made sure my speaker volume was all the way up and that he wasn't covering the mic so I'm not sure what the issue could be!! My speaker volume for everything else is fine. Anyone have any ideas!?

2. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

I should also mention my friend was able to hear me perfectly on the other end! So frustrated.

3. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anybody have any suggestions? Anyone available to do a face time with me so I can determine if it's my speaker or his mic (or something else)!? If so, pm me your number!

4. ShayMagen macrumors newbie

Same Thing

hey man, i have the same problem and i still cant find a fix. isearched online for help but i dont see and answer...

my girl can hear me from her imac perfectly but i cant hear her on my iphone4 really no sound at all, not even low, the video is just fine...
    let me know if u got any soultion...

i tried to turn off facetime and put it on airplane mode, turn the phone off and turn both back on with no success... i think i will try to reset network setting maybe its gonna help...

5. AK10R macrumors regular

I had the same thing happen to my phone. The microphone would not work when on face time and speakerphone….. but it would record my voice on the recorder app. I did all the reset/restore things from Apple helpdesk and there was no fix. Apple replaced the phone.

If you’re still in warranty it’s no problem……. I’d take it to an Apple Store if you are able to do so. I had to mail my phone in for a replacement. I posted a thread about it here and found other folks with the exact same issue…… Good luck.