Face time evidence in iOS 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Blakeco123, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Blakeco123 macrumors regular

Blakeco123

Ok so was was playing around on my iPad running ios4 beta 1 (which is VERY glichey) and I was in the glee app:rolleyes: and was uploading to facebook I exited about halfway though and for about three second the status bar at the top of the screen was glowing red like when you go to the home screen when on a call on the iPhone. It didn't say anything like "touch to return to face time" but it looked like that's what it could be for. Can anyone else repeat the results?

2. gatearray macrumors 65816

That red pulsing bar shows that an app is running in the background, i.e. multitasking. Nothing to do with FT necessarily, but definitely a sign of things to come. :)

3. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Nope. I've seen SoundHound do the same thing I my iTouch 4G - can't say it's of much evidence.

Edit: Check above quote by gatearray

4. Blakeco123 thread starter macrumors regular

Blakeco123

All I'm saying is that wouldn't it always be flashing if its running in the background cause I didn't close it? And iv never seen it on my iPod touch which is a third gen you have a 4th gen with face time ability

5. gatearray macrumors 65816

Well, actually, you'll see this quite a bit on the iPhone 4. If you exit an app that supports fast-app-switching and go to the home screen, the red bar will be at the top for just a moment. You can then return to the suspended state of the app and be right back where you left off.

So in essence, if the app you exited isn't "doing anything" when you exit it, it won't continuously display that red bar.

Seriously, this has nothing to do with FT. You'd see "return to call" at the top of your display as well if you were on a voice call instead of FT.

6. Blakeco123 thread starter macrumors regular

Blakeco123

Oh i get it now thanks for explaning it. So it only appears to tell you the app was doing something

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

I'd say that there's no reason not to think that FaceTime support will exist in iOS 4.2, since it will be available for all iDevices, including the ones that already support FaceTime. Of course it just won't be visible on the iPad until they add the necessary hardware.