Facebook 3.0 crashing constantly

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TonyC28, Sep 27, 2009.

1. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Is anyone else having a problem with Facebook crashing A LOT? I have the current version (as of 9/27/09). I've tried deleting and reinstalling. I have the current iPhone software. But Facebook crashes about 1 out of every 3 times I use it. Sometimes it won't start at all. But mostly if I try to go to my friends list or open the chat it crashes.

I know the Message Board Police are going to freak out because this was posted somewhere else. I tried searching for it and couldn't find anything. So if there is another post please include a link

2. alistair.leruez macrumors newbie

Me too !!!

Tony I am having exactly the same thing happening too. I'd say about 80% of the time Facebook is crashing Safari and driving me crazy ! Its only been happening for the last 10 days or so, possibly since the last safari update ? (dont quote me on that but cant see that anything else has changed on the comp since then).
    Any news / fixes much appreciated

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try installing another app and see if that fixes it. Also, sometimes just deauthorizing and reauthorizing in iTunes and then resyncing fixes issues with apps crashing.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Hi

I know its a pain, but I would try removing all the other apps installed on your phone and only having Facebook just to verify that it is not another app causing your problems.

5. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I have never had the latest version of Facebook crash. For awhile, it wasn't honoring my preferences on ignoring certain posts, but that must have been a sever side issue because it's gone away. I think Facebook 3.0 for iPhone may be one of the be iPhone apps ever. And I mean that whether you are a Facebook addict or not. It's an elegant design, well executed.

6. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

I've got the latest FB app and running OS 3.0 on my 3GS. I too have been facing a lot of crashes and having to re-login a few times after a crash. Still very buggy.

7. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

He's talking about the Facebook app for the iPhone/iPod Touch, not on your Mac.