Facebook all messed up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jared111, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Jared111 macrumors newbie

Hey, a month ago or so Facebook started not displaying correctly on my computer. It happens every time on my computer, and I tried my facebook account on my school's computers and it works fine on those. On my computer, neither Safari, Firefox, or Google Chrome display it correctly. It just shows a white page with text and links on the left. Seems like it might be the "mobile" version of Facebook, but I don't remember signing up for that. How do I fix it for my computer? Thanks. - Jared111

2. finchwizard macrumors member

finchwizard

Hard to say without knowing location and things.

But you could try changing your DNS settings to see if that helps.

1. Go to System Preferences.
    2. Click on Network.
    3. Select the first connection in your list and click Advanced.
    4. Select the DNS tab and add 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 to the list of DNS servers.
    5. Click OK

3. jdewitt macrumors newbie

Same problem as Jared

I'm having the same problem with Facebook on my mac. It just started happening about a week ago. I'm wondering if you were able to figure it out? Same thing, I can log in on another older mac that I have, but not on my mac that I use everyday and didn't have a problem with up until recently. My son can login to Facebook on my computer and it shows up fine, but not me (in both Safari and Firefox) it's messed up.