FaceBook and FaceBook Messenger Issue?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by JJDolfan92, Jul 14, 2013.

1. JJDolfan92 macrumors newbie

I am not sure if this is an Beta 3 Issue? I would assume it is since I was not having this issue until beta 3. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this same issues as I am. when I am on Cellular Data FaceBook and The Messenger App seem to never load. It will just spin with the updating wheel but never load. If someone sends me a message on FaceBook and I try to use the Messenger App it never shows up or loads. But everything else works on the phone fine when on Data. When I have the phone on WiFi the Facebook and Messenger app go back to working fine. I can recive messages and it will even show me messages from when people sent them when the phone was on data. Overall it seems as though the two FaceBook apps don't respond on Data Usage but go back to running as normal while on WIFI. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Thanks, Josh

2. Cayennr macrumors member

I’m having some similar issues as you. Here the messages load slowly on 3G and WiFi since I installed beta 1. Both Facebook.app and Messenger.app are slow and sometimes unusable. I use Messenger more and I sometimes don’t receive push notifications for new messages and often the “Updating…” spinning wheel spins to infinity. When the latter happens I usually have to kill the app or reboot the phone.

I tried reinstalling the Messenger app (as I said I use this one more), but to no avail. I guess we’ll just have to wait until they optimize their apps for iOS 7… which will probably be around September (or October?). Until then we’ll have to deal with workarounds, or if you rely much on these apps you can go back to iOS 6.