Facebook and Microsoft complete Live Search crowbarring trick

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bigandy, Oct 9, 2008.

1. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

El Reg

As is so typical for Microsoft, they're attempting to shoehorn Live Search in everywhere they possibly can.

The question is, with all these web search boxes right next to the address bar, who in the hell would want web search - especially Live Search - in Facebook? :confused:

Despite what the article says, it's now on for Facebook's UK users. Oh joy. :rolleyes:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well I deactivated my facebook account. I didn't request a delete because I may go back in the future

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I just go to the search bar in Firefox and search from there. It has never been an issue.

4. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Here's an idea for Microsoft: instead of trying to bribe people and other such shady tactics, how about putting the effort into making search that actually, you know, works and returns relevant results? That way people will want to use it.

--Eric

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I just look at my facebook and I see one search box. BUT when I type something it does 2 dropdown options. Fortunately, "Search the Web" is the second and is never highlighted.

If I wanted to search the web, I use my google bar in Firefox... Geez MS just can't get anything done right.

6. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Ah, this is essentially the same thing Google does on MySpace. The default search box on top of every MySpace page is set to search the web by default instead of MySpace itself.