Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
I'm looking for an app that syncs all peoples Facebook pics to their names in my contact list. If anyone has an android as well or seen one, that's pretty awesome that it shows the person's picture and last Facebook status update when on the phone with them. Any apps similar? And i wanted it to sync into the default phone contacts. Thanks.

EvoNiner1986

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
I'm looking for an app that syncs all peoples Facebook pics to their names in my contact list. If anyone has an android as well or seen one, that's pretty awesome that it shows the person's picture and last Facebook status update when on the phone with them. Any apps similar? And i wanted it to sync into the default phone contacts. Thanks.

You can do this within the facebook app...Go to friends and at the top right I believe you'll see a "sync" option!

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What would make it work better for you? As far as showing status during a call, you'd need to jailbreak for that unfortunately.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
do you know if it's possible to remove the 'birthday' calendar directly on the phone? Can't seem to get rid of the damn thing, having a hundred of ppls bdays is a bit of a nuisance :confused:

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What would make it work better for you? As far as showing status during a call, you'd need to jailbreak for that unfortunately.

What would make it better would be for it to work. 90% of my contacts are not found (the name has to be in a certain format on your phone for it to find the contact). I use MyPhone and it works much better since you can manually link contacts. It just sucks because you have to manually sync it. Whereas the FB app does it automatically when you open it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.