Facebook and phone contacts sync

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Meltdownblitz, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'm looking for an app that syncs all peoples Facebook pics to their names in my contact list. If anyone has an android as well or seen one, that's pretty awesome that it shows the person's picture and last Facebook status update when on the phone with them. Any apps similar? And i wanted it to sync into the default phone contacts. Thanks.

2. EvoNiner1986 macrumors regular

You can do this within the facebook app...Go to friends and at the top right I believe you'll see a "sync" option!

3. Meltdownblitz thread starter macrumors 65816

The Facebook App sync is a piece of crap!

4. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What would make it work better for you? As far as showing status during a call, you'd need to jailbreak for that unfortunately.

5. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

do you know if it's possible to remove the 'birthday' calendar directly on the phone? Can't seem to get rid of the damn thing, having a hundred of ppls bdays is a bit of a nuisance :confused:

6. bozzykid macrumors 68020

What would make it better would be for it to work. 90% of my contacts are not found (the name has to be in a certain format on your phone for it to find the contact). I use MyPhone and it works much better since you can manually link contacts. It just sucks because you have to manually sync it. Whereas the FB app does it automatically when you open it.