Facebook and Twitter are crazy

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Ultra AleM, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Hi guys! Why do facebook and Twitter start using 600-800 MB of space after 2 weeks of use? Is there a way to avoid it or to clean the cache? Or am I forced to delete the apps and reinstall them?

That's crazy. Thanks.

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

The only way I know is to delete the app and reinstall. I agree it's super annoying when you have a 16gb iPhone.

3. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

I agree. They should put a feature in iOS which lets you clear the cache of the apps without deleting them and loose data

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

The cache is the app data though. All you lose is your password being remembered. You have to log in again. You get the space back in your phone, and nothing changes within Facebook itself. Your profile and newsfeed are exactly the same. It's like clearing your browser cache on your computer.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

You have to set some app settings too (but often don't need to even relogin if you are already logged in through the settings app).

6. Toltepeceno, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I use cm security and have been using it for some time and it works really well. Funny though, I was just searching for it to post a link and I can't find it. Now I read something about it being pulled. It works really well though.

http://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-boost-iphone-memory-and-performance-by-clearing-app-cache-and-data/

Too bad, I tried going there from the link on the page above and the item is not available. I've been using it since I've had this phone and it works really well. I use it regularly and can get between 100-200 mb. The only problem I ever had was one weather app it cleared my preferences, but that was the only app it ever affected in a bad way.

Phoneclean is a computer based program you can clean cache, but I got a prompt to upgrade yesterday so I did and now it's a pay program. It works well cleaning app cache though. If you can still find the free version it beats having to uninstall and re install apps.

7. Zxxv macrumors 68040

what a sad state of affairs in macland when we have to use cleaners. Are you sure this isn't windows ???

/s