Facebook and Twitter integration not working

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by el3ktro, Jul 8, 2012.

1. el3ktro macrumors regular

el3ktro

I have ML DP4 with Facebook integration installed. When logging in to facebook.com, ML asked me if I want to integrate FB with OS X, which I did. Facebook is now setup in System Preferences and in Notification Center, I can post to FB, but I'm not getting ANY notifications.

Same with Twitter. I set it up manually in System Preferences, but then it always tells me that the password is incorrect. When I log in to twitter.com, I can see OS X integration in Settings-Apps though. But no Twitter notifications coming in either.

Is receiving FB/Twitter notifications working for anyone?

2. ki7hy macrumors member

Same situation here...rMBP latest build with FB patch.

3. el3ktro thread starter macrumors regular

el3ktro

Twitter integration is working for me. In System Preferences, OS X always tells me that the Twitter password is incorrect, but when I tweet from Notification Center, it's working, and when I receive a DM in Twitter I'm being notified.

Facebook notifications are not working though. But Apple said Facebook integration would only be available this fall...

4. kissmo macrumors 6502a

It works on Apple's commercial

Well if you check Apple's video on Mountain Lion from their website - when they show notifications you can actually see a message in the Notification Center for Facebook.

Of course... it's a commercial...but somehow misleading.

Anyway these social networks are disturbances most of the time for me.

5. el3ktro thread starter macrumors regular

el3ktro

Oh come on really? I just said it will be available this fall. So how is this ad 'misleading'??

Then don't use them.

6. arashb macrumors 6502

Yeah same problem here, any idea how to uninstall the FB integration? I know it's only 1.1 MB but it will annoy me knowing that it's on my Mac.. :p

7. chevalier433 macrumors 6502a

chevalier433

Open the installer package with Pacifist see where the file installed found it delete it done.

8. el3ktro thread starter macrumors regular

el3ktro

Seriously???

9. arashb macrumors 6502

It's not the space that bothers me, it's knowing that there is useless crap on my Mac that will bother me :p.

10. el3ktro thread starter macrumors regular

el3ktro

So you'll also try to hack OS X to uninstall all the other little tools and things it has installed and which you never use?

Well, I wouldn't uninstall it anyway, you never know how it messes up with third party software, system updates etc.

11. arashb macrumors 6502

Huh? I installed it myself, why would it mess with anything third party or system updates?

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Wait....why did you install it if you'd never use it and don't want it

13. arashb macrumors 6502

Really? Can anyone read anymore? It does NOT work with GM properly.

14. nyolc8 macrumors regular

If you look into the console, you'll see it says something like "Facebook PUSH is not present at the moment." So it's not working because there is no facebook push service yet.

15. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Twitter integration isn't working correctly either. Mentions only work for people you follow, so if someone you aren't following does an @ mention, no notification. DM's work fine, and if you're following the account, an @ mention works.

16. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

You revived a 3 month old thread about a totally different version of this in order to post a link to a no name blog about an issue thats popped up for a single day and is likely just a server hiccup?

17. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

I just started recently having the same problem with Facebook. It worked fine for a long time and now doesn't. Hope this gets fixed soon.