Facebook Ap No Longer Working After Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Drpepper99uk, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Drpepper99uk macrumors member

Hello,

After using Pwnage to jailbreak my iPod touch 2.0.1 I have noticed that the home button feature dosen't work on the Facebook ap anymore and it just says "news feed could not be loaded at this time" so I'm wondering if jailbreaking my ipod touch had caused this to happen. All the other features ie: Friends, chat, inbox work fine.

Has anyone else noticed this at all?

Michael.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I find the best move to make with apps from the store not working is to delete them off your touch and either re-download it via the touch or re-sync the app in itunes

3. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

Also, you may just need to turn the device off and turn it back on, usually fixes apps not starting.

4. Xavier macrumors 68020

My Facebook home (and by 'Home' I think you mean the spot where you see peoples status updates) was not working/syncing, so I shut off my iPod and turned it back on. Now everything works fine.

5. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

Alot of people (with jb and non jb ipods) have been having this problem, it's with the app, not the jailbreak.

6. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

It's not jailbreaking that's the problem, it happens with updates to 2.0.1 as well, just restart and I'm 90% sure it will fix the problem.

7. Drpepper99uk thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

Well for some unknown reason it seems to be working again fine without having to resort to rebooting my ipod touch.

Many thanks for the quick and helpful replies ;-)

Michael.