Facebook app bug

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by KUPARA, Sep 29, 2013.

1. KUPARA, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

KUPARA macrumors regular

KUPARA

While chatting If I try to take a picture and send it through chat, the app crashes. Anyone on the same boat? The crashing doesnt seem to be constant, but it is deffo a bug. Not even resetting the phone helps.

4S running on 7.0.2, latest Facebook version

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

The latest version of Facebook isn't version 4.0.2, it's 6.5.1.

3. KUPARA thread starter macrumors regular

KUPARA

The , was separating the sentence, I meant 7.0.2, the iOS version obviously

4. Liebo macrumors regular

Liebo

Sure he doesn't mean 7.0.2 not 4.0.2?

Facebook app is perpetually buggy... Not much you can do about it except report it to Facebook themselves.

5. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Facebook is probably the worst coded app I've got. It's ridiculous how bad it is.
    And it progressively gets slower and slower with every update. Although I did notice a slight improvement for the last update that brought it the iOS 7 design.

I'm running an iPhone 4, and for an app like Facebook that's on most people's phones, it's amazing that they don't properly optimize their code. I mean, how is it possible for there to be a delay of several seconds after tapping on a photo to view the full size and comments? And then even dismissing that photo takes several seconds? Never have these problems with Twitter or any other similar social app.

Drives me crazy. As a web developer, I always try to make my code as efficient as possible. Something all types of developers should do if they're thinking of the user experience, which honestly should be above everything else.

Just my two frustrated sense haha. :)

6. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Facebook is a horrible horrible app. I dont even bother using it on my phone anymore. Not sure if the mobile site is any better.

7. Liebo macrumors regular

Liebo

This. The photo delay glitch is the most obvious one for me. The other is crashing uploading a video, regardless of size.

8. kerrikins macrumors 65816

My issue is that sometimes I'll tap on a link and it just won't respond at all, even if I wait. I end up having to close the app down and then go back in to see it. Annoying, hopefully they fix it soon.

9. KUPARA thread starter macrumors regular

KUPARA

Amen to all of you. I thought I have an OCD, but God... that photo opening glitch sucks donkey ass

10. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Ha, alright (I just know a lot of people who don't update their apps).

As everyone else has evidenced, the Facebook app is horrible often. Every single X version I've updated to has fixed one issue but added another. I haven't had your issue before, but the latest issue is that typing in search is so unbelievably slow and useless.