Facebook app bugs?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mac'nCheese, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

My facebook app on my iphone 4 is the only app I have that ever crashes. Lately, it will have a number notification on the icon as if I have a new post notification when I don't. Sometimes the notification just goes away on its own, sometimes I have to go to the notification screen to make the number go away. Anyone else have these problems?

2. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

3. jon08 macrumors 65816

Yeah, it's pretty buggy... Sometimes I receive a red notification, but when I tap it it won't show what it was all about. It will only show up after a while.

Also, there are random "freezes" and sometimes the app quits. Oh, and it wouldn't upload pics on my friend's wall either these last 2 days.

Boo.

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

The same has been happening with mine, started a few weeks ago.
    - App freezing
    - Friends list does not populate
    - Random notification badges from days ago
    - Random logging out

/meh

5. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

It is as buggy as a termite mound.

The one where you can't upload any photo's until you delete and re-download the app is my nemesis at the moment.

6. jon08 macrumors 65816

Actually I just found a fix for it: go to your iPhone settings and then Location Services. Enable it for Facebook and it should work again! It worked for me without uninstalling the app.

7. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I don't trust Facebook with my location data so it's currently turned off.

8. jon08 macrumors 65816

Yeah, same here. It's really annoying that I should have it turned on just for this!