Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daleanthony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Anyone else having problems with the facebook app and chat? Every time I try and send a message it returns an error, been like it a few days for me now.

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
When you sign into Facebook through your web browser, make sure you're online on the chat. If not, it won't work through the iPhone app.

Jeanour

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2008
chat problems - no error msg.

so my problem is a little diff. My chat status on the regular facebook chat is online but when I try to send a MSG on the iPhone app. It won't send anything. Nothing happens when i press send. My msg doesn't even show up. And I don't get any try again later MSG either. Used to work fine. Its really strange. I tried re-installing it but still get the same problem. If anyone could help, please reply. Thanks!!!

drewpickles

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2008
I am having the same problem as Jeanour. Online on facebook through my macbook and can recieve chat msgs from ppl on my iphone but can't reply.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Facebook's new site has caused chat to function weirdly. Sometimes when you're on the computer chatting, it won't let you send because the person has gone "offline". Refresh the page and they're back online, but try sending it again and they're "offline". Sometimes you have to wait a bit before you're able to send.

This carries over to the iPhone Facebook Chat unfortunately.

Yasic

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
i'm having the same problem, normally when i open a conversation it shows the last couple of lines i chatted with that person, but this doesn't show up anymore, and i can't send any text. weird.

Jeanour

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2008
unfortunately no solution

Thanks for the fast reply people! I really don't wanna restore my phone but I think that might be the only way... Anyways continue posting your thoughts... Thx

nfg315

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
NYC
kind of related question...i didnt want to start a new thread

will facebook be adding other items to the news feed soon, or is status the only thing that will ever be there

also, why no birthdays/events section?

ericFaivre

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2009
Facebook Chat

Does anyone else have a problem with chat in Facebook
everytime i send a message to a friend I get the following alert:
"Your message could not be delivered at this time"

SpawnOfNoNo

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
Facebook Chat Problem

Ok, I'm having this FaceBook Chat problem on my Ipod Touch, it's when I sign into my ipod to get onto facebook app, it only shows a certain amount of friend's online, but when I got onto the computer and sign it, it shows the people online that aren't showing on my ipod touch, how come?

sidroks

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2010
Heyo!!

I've found the fix to chat problems,,
Just follow the steps exactly::::
When you're facing problems in chat,
download SbSettings froms cydia>Go offline in chat> logout from fb app> close the app still active in multitasking>slide your finger along the top bar in order to open sbsettings> select respring> once respringed, open fb , sign in and wait for everything to load up once (this is important, have tried) > go to chat, go online..... And WALA!!!! Chat must work now...!!!

Note:::: evrytime you press the home button and try to go back to the chat, the same thing starts again

whobitesdapple

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2011
Facebook Photo Album Metadata Error

My iPhone 4 is kinda ****ed up. It shows wrong information on my photo albums and rearranges the album by itself. is this normal? Can someone enlighten me please?

Ankurs

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2012
Problem

I m not a getting a list of online facebook friends using graph api..can anyone help

mmza

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
Bugs in New Facebook app

I have similar problems with my iphone 4s ever since I installed new Facebook app. It doesn't rotate the screen anymore. It doesn't show the bottom line displaying messages, offline and online when I open messages. It doesn't allow me to delete a chat as when I slide finger on any online contact, delete icon doesn't appear. The whole thing is exasperating. Anyone?

eneirdacalista

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
on the facebook topic, i thought i'd share an app i use to post future facebook messages. i'm someone who's pretty forgetful and it doesn't help that i maintain several different social media accounts. this has helped me make sure i don't forget to post something out

the app is called schedaroo :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.