Facebook app compatibility on iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by El3ctronics, Oct 6, 2011.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I know iOS 5 won't officially be released until the 12th but I'm surprised that the ONLY app compatibility issue I'm having with the GM is with the Facebook app. Every time I open the app I get the spinning wheel and the timeline never opens. I tried re-installing the app and it worked for about 30 minutes but now it's not working again. Are other iOS 5 GM users having the same issue or is it just me?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No, works fine here.

Then again, facebook app has long been quirky.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

yeah the facebook app hasnt been working for me that well since beta 7.

4. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

Same for me. It's horrible & aggravating. I can't be in the app for more than 5 seconds without it freezing or crashing.

5. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

The problems you're describing are more to do with the recent FB update. I've reverted to an earlier version (use Time Machine to get back the earlier version of the program, delete the current one and resync - don't update it again though!), and it works like a charm! I'm running iOS 5 GM btw.

6. shandyman Suspended

since beta 7, FB app has worked perfectly after it was barely working from beta 1 to 7

7. BamaATL macrumors member

8. rkahl macrumors 65816

AWFUL! Especially on my iPad... kept taking me to youtube. Now it just locks up. Can't use it, have to use safari.

9. mrockm01, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

It is terrible for me! I can't use it. Yet I installed iOS 5 on a friends iPhone (same exact ipsw) and Facebook works fine for him

go figure

10. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
  11. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I had a lot of problems under 4.3.5 with the latest FB app, deleted the app from my phone and re-installed from App Store and it cleared up. Now running iOS5 GM and no problems.

12. surfervb macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have issues with the Facebook app locking up on the iOS 5 GM. It appears to follow my Facebook account. Anytime I open up Facebook and bring up my friend list it locks up almost every time. If my wife logs in on the same device running iOS 5 GM it never locks up. I can replicate the issue on multiple devices running the GM. Deleting and reinstalling the app or a restore does not resolve the issue. Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

13. iPhone3gPSU macrumors member

Yep. To the "T" :mad:

14. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

I have the exact same issue and it's annoying the hell out of me -___-