Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Exeterwayne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
Since doing an update to the facebook app earlier today, the app keeps crashing. I even done a restore which made the app work for a while, but as soon as I pressed the ‘log out’ button to log into another account, it crashed again. Anyone else having the same issue with the same iPad model or a different model? Hopefully Facebook will update the app soon (but I wont hold my breath as facebook seems to be not bothered about iPad users) they have stripped most features for the iPad version of the app for some strange reason.

danarking

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Since doing an update to the facebook app earlier today, the app keeps crashing. I even done a restore which made the app work for a while, but as soon as I pressed the ‘log out’ button to log into another account, it crashed again. Anyone else having the same issue with the same iPad model or a different model? Hopefully Facebook will update the app soon (but I wont hold my breath as facebook seems to be not bothered about iPad users) they have stripped most features for the iPad version of the app for some strange reason.
I cannot log in via FB app on iPad after installing iOS17--it comes up for a tenth of a second, then crashes instantly before one can even tap one's log-in icon....

danarking

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
I cannot log in via FB app on iPad after installing iOS17--it comes up for a tenth of a second, then crashes instantly before one can even tap one's log-in icon....
I then deleted the app from the device, reinstalled it from app store--same effect, can't log-in in the instant before it crashes....

Rreini

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Westland, MI
I am having the same problem. I am very hesitant to log out of the app on my 5th generation iPad Air 2 (M1 chip) to see if it has the problem, but that one has not crashed under normal usage.

canpixa

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Here another one affected with the Facebook app and iPadOS 17. I have an old 10.5 iPad Pro 2nd gen.

danjan24

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2023
Did you logout of the app and then attempt to log back in? That’s where we’re experiencing the crashes. Before I logged out, things were behaving normally for me. So if you haven’t logged out of the app, don’t.
I was logout. The app was crashing.

LFonolleras

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Same problem here..I noticed it within minutes of finishing the iOS 17 update on my m2 iPad Pro 11”. Every other app seems fine. I noticed FB released an update on their app a day or two ago due to crashes, but they didn’t specify iPhone or iPad. Deleted app and reinstalled, to no avail.

Scarybiscuit

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
Uk
Same here iPad Pro 2020 happily using the app yesterday this morning app kept crashing so reinstalled but nothing ok on my iPhone 13. have sent app report to facebook

Rava85

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
Same here on iPad Air 4th generation. Tried to uninstall and install again the Facebook app but still crashes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.