Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Facebook yesterday announced an update to its flagship app that lets users stream video from their iOS device directly to an Apple TV.

Now, when a video is selected in the app's news feed or from the Saved tab, a small button appears in the top right corner which, when tapped, offers to send the video to an Apple TV on the same wireless network.

facebook-video-stream.jpg

If you're streaming a Facebook Live video to your TV, you can see real-time reactions and comments on the screen, and you can join in the conversation yourself by reacting or commenting.
The new feature - which also supports Chromecast - continues to stream the video to the TV while allowing the user to browse other parts of Facebook on their iPhone or iPad.

Facebook is free download on the App Store for iPhone and iPad. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Facebook App Gains Video Streaming Support for Apple TV

MacConvert07

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2008
Upstate NY
Could this have been active for some users before yesterday? I swear my wife was doing this last week. Cool feature! Either way, I don't think this is just a gimmic. With all the live feeds this is going to be a hit.

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
Yes I had this before and also PiP support on iPad. Comes and goes, guess its staying now. :)

switcher3365

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
Could this have been active for some users before yesterday? I swear my wife was doing this last week. Cool feature! Either way, I don't think this is just a gimmic. With all the live feeds this is going to be a hit.

Yes. I've had this for a few months, though it has been a little glitchy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.