Facebook App - iphone VS bb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dloreski, Jan 22, 2011.

1. dloreski macrumors member

I'm curious here....
    When I get any type of Facebook message, comment, or response, my BB notifies me immediately.
    Does the iphone do this too?

2. Gavernty macrumors 6502

it does, but the facebook app for iphones notification system is FAR from perfect....

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

It does but like said above, not perfect. You can get the notification right away, a couple minutes to a few hours or later, or not at all.

4. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I used to get notifications instantly, but seems like it's skipping notifications in the current version.

5. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

I also detest iPhone's notification system. There seems to be a delay with the Facebook notifications, even when I've checked the notifications on Facebook with my laptop, oddly enough I get the same notification again on the iPhone. Just annoys me.

6. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

my iPhone would be random Sometimes immediately or not at all, but today my Blackberry had not given me 3 Notifications

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    Most times it will be instant but other times they wont come at all.
    I think its facebooks servers cause I get all other notifications on time.

8. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

Let's just call it the way it is...IT DOESN'T WORK. Whether its a FB issue or an iPhone issue, that I do not know, but it is WAY too unreliable to say otherwise.

9. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I agree that it doesn't work, but it must be FB's fault. All my other notifications come in nearly instantly. NotifyMe, Google Voice, Good for Enterprise, Prowl all work perfectly.

10. jrtaylor6 macrumors member

jrtaylor6

bb vs facebook

Same here the Facebook app for the iphone is a hit a miss. It works sometimes and it dont work sometimes. I had the bb 9000 and it seem like it work a lot better for notification wise.. Still wouldnt own a bb just because the facebook works better :)

11. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

:confused:

This is the reason why we have threads about "Should I get an iPhone....Is BB better then iPhone....Why I wouldn't own an iPhone or BB"

Your statement has nothing to do with the topic at hand....

Maybe I'm out of line here but I am annoyed at something else not related to anything here....so forgive me:D

12. saberahul macrumors 68040

FB on my BlackBerry storm notifies me alright but the opening process and replying process and so on is a pain. FB on the iPhone 3G worked well back then... I'm sure it's become better over time. In gist, the BB may have better notification system (hardly noticeable) but it's UI and speed and stability is horrible, bad enough to make you want to throw the phone in trash.

13. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

I don't know about some of you, but i turn off the notifications for pretty much everything apart from whatsapp. Facebook is all about intermittent conversation, hence why Facebook chat doesnt work properly...ever.

Forget the notifications and read em when you read em, cause iphones also make calls and texts and whatsapp for the instant contact your after ;)

14. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

You sound like an ad. Don't try so hard next time.

15. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I liked BB's notifications better when I had one, it was better it seemed because it integrated with your email so it seemed to work better. Other than notifications the app on BB wasn't very good. It was hard to get around on.

16. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Like others have said the Facebook app is hit and miss, but using the your email for notifications works great too