Facebook app news feed doesn't update fully

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jk000, Aug 5, 2009.

1. jk000 macrumors regular

jk000

I've noticed in the last month or so that my Facebook app on my iPhone doesn't refresh and update its news feed well.

The top three stories (usually status updates) are displayed, they're always up to date, but the other stories below it are always wall posts between friends that are days old.

Are my settings causing this problem?

I've tried deleting, reinstalling and this is my third iPhone since I noticed it was happening (not as a result of the facebook app!).

Thanks

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I have noticed the same thing. I have also noticed that if I read a message it doesn't always say I have. I have even read and deleted it on my desktop and when I go to the iPhone it will still show up as unread.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

last 48 hours the updates do not seem to be complete.

4. jk000 thread starter macrumors regular

jk000

The same happens for me, or the 'unread' message on my iPhone facebook inbox when selected is blank, without a message, just 'reply'.

5. sthursby macrumors member

Same issues here...I would think that Facebook, of all companies, would ensure maximum quality & efficiency before releasing their app, but meh, I'm not too concerned. It's only Facebook, it's generally on target, and there's always Safari ;)

6. lukin macrumors regular

I'm seeing some abnormal behavior too. My wall will update with all the current status / news but it will not be in order. There will be days old stuff at the top, then some new stuff, then the older stuff again and then it repeats other stuff.

Also seeing the messages issue where it says you have a message but the message never loads, just a blank screen with the reply button.

7. iOrlando macrumors 68000

it is well known and documented that the current version of the facebook app out there now is a giant failure.

They are supposedly still working on the new app. (they said the same thing at the end of June)

8. cap'njack macrumors member

This drives me up the wall! I'm like "How many time do you want me to read the damn mail!!!!"

9. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Yeah, the current facebook app is indeed pretty glitchy.

The new version is taking ages and still won't have push. (Man did push ever end up being unimpressive. And to think, I thought it would 'challenge' blackberry stuff last fall. hahahah :rolleyes:)

10. paulold macrumors 6502

The Facebook App has been that way for awhile, which is pretty disappointing.

Something to consider is to use Safari and go to www.facebook.com. There are two versions of the site you can use - the regular site or the mobile version. The mobile version kicks in automatically when you visit the site. I find the mobile version, while not as pretty, to be better than the Facebook App. Nothing beats the regular site, though the iPhone's browser can't handle some features.

And don't forget you can create an app icon out of a web bookmark to give you quicker access.