Facebook app... where's the wall?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by View, Jul 10, 2008.

1. View macrumors regular

Hey guys, sorry if this seems stupid (and I feel stupid)... but... I can't seem to go to a friend's wall and read all the comments on a friend's wall... I can't even see my own wall.. Do you all know how to do that on the Facebook app?

2. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

3. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I've looked, and sadly, I don't think you can.

4. diddy macrumors 6502

5. friedgold macrumors newbie

the app description says they will be adding new functionality over time, so expect this to be updated will the wall and other stuff soon. remember, this is only the first version of the app.

6. kevo0822 macrumors regular

haha when I first ran the program and couldn't figure out how to view someone's Wall, I just figured that the app installed wrong. So I deleted it and reinstalled it. Guess I was wrong!

Facebook without the wall...? No entiendo.

7. Planet Telex macrumors member

If you go to the full version of facebook (not the mobile version) through safari
    you'll be able to see it, but will have to do a lot of zooming.

8. spazattack674 macrumors regular

well then, thats pretty much useless. The web app has this functionality right?

9. View thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, the web app has it, and I just don't understand why they wouldn't include this with this release. It seems to me like it's the most important feature of the app (at least to me). And it doesn't seem to be that hard to implement (compare to other features like chat and stuff the app can do).

10. 00hkelly macrumors 6502

Just go the wall on the web app. This does seem pretty pointless, one of the major ways to interact with your friends on a social networking site it completely omitted.

Can you access groups? That's something that bugs me about the iPhone web app.

11. iPaul macrumors regular

how funny. i'm sure we'll see an update pretty soon....someone at facebook must feel like a real doofus

12. View thread starter macrumors regular

I don't see the groups either... :( hopefully they'll update it soon.

13. 00hkelly macrumors 6502

Damn...what is the point in having a native app at all if the web app actually has more functionality?