Facebook Apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by stockcerts, Mar 19, 2011.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I've only had an iPad for a week. I've been using Friendly, but I just discovered Friendcaster, which I might like better! I'll keep them both for now and eventually I'll delete one of the two.

2. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

friendly is better

3. Apple Poptart macrumors member

Syncing Facebook Contacts

Does anyone know of a free way to sync Facebook contacts on an iPad? It's very simple on the iPhone but I can't seem to figure it out on the iPad.

4. bmat macrumors 6502

Why are the apps better than just surfing the site on Safari?

5. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

They aren't for me. I have friendly and I think it is terrible. I will just use the safari version unless an official Facebook app comes out which I doubt will happen.

6. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

You explained your point well, yikes! Not a big fan of Friendly.

7. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

iFace was just released. And looks better then the other Facebook app. I still wish they would update the original fb app and made an iPad version as I think it looks the best. These other ones feel quite cheap.

8. sim667 macrumors 65816

I was having problems with freindly not loading data and hated it, then noticed it on youtube too...

discovered that the auto brightness on the ipad stops data intensive apps loading properly, turned it off an it works perfectly now, so id say friendly.

9. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I know from your comment, this might be important for you. However, I will stay away from syncing to my Contacts list because many people put pictures of their babies, pets, etc. as their profile pic which doesn't help much when you use photo-dialers and such.

10. mrl72, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

mrl72 macrumors regular

You could try my app, Frienatic, which is an altogether different way to view your Facebook updates. Details in my sig. Not in the store yet though but will be soon. If you like my FB page you'll get a free promo code when it's released.

11. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Glad to see this was submitted to the App Store for approval; I've been tracking the progress and was hoping it would become available close to when my iPad 2 arrived.

12. mrl72 macrumors regular

:) I had to kick up a fuss to get this thing reviewed again. They rejected the first release because it had the word "pad" in the name, can you believe that? Guess they are cracking down on copyright now..