iPhone Facebook Bookmark in Safari

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Mobster1983, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502

So since I installed iOS7, I have noticed that whenever I click the Facebook shortcut in Safari, it opens the Facebook App. If I actually type in "Facebook.com" it will take me to the site in Safari. If I click on any names of my friends, it will again open up the Facebook app.

I have two different Facebook accounts I use, one through Safari and the other through the Facebook app. It makes it so I don't have to log out and in every time.

I can't find any option to have Safari stop opening the Facebook app. Anyone figure this out?

2. r-m macrumors 6502a

This is annoying the crap out of me. Sometimes facebook app is just useless for certain things, so I go to the desktop site.
    That annoying "Open in Facebook" popup, which then does nothing when you click Cancel... :mad:
    Also trying to log out of the facebook desktop site, just keeps sending me into the facebook app.

I really don't know how to get around it, I'm not sure if we can switch off URL takeovers.

3. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I have not had this issue, but I never use the mobile site. I always switch to desktop mode because mobile is almost identical to the app, just not as smooth.

Maybe that will solve your problem?

4. r-m macrumors 6502a

I've tried that, but then occasionally some links still open the app. Especially the log out on the desktop site, opens the app which is a bit hopeless..
    It doesn't even open the correct page on the facebook app when going to a profile, eg.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried using a different browser for these kind of purposes (like Chrome or something else)? Just curious if that might get around this.

6. r-m macrumors 6502a

Ha, the thought crossed my mind but I was more bothered about it just taking over safari's links. I'll give Chrome a go shortly.