Facebook Chat Rarely Works

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kolax, Jan 2, 2011.

1. kolax macrumors G3

For the past month, my Facebook chat is barely working. People don't always get my messages, and most of the time, I don't get theirs. If I open a new Safari window and load Facebook, I can sometimes get the Facebook chat messages, but strangely they don't appear in the original Safari window that I had open simultaneously.

I've reset Safari, cleared cache etc. Is anyone else experiencing this? I know Facebook chat isn't great, and it never has been, but in the past, I could just refresh the page and I'd get all the chat messages that hadn't come through right. But that no longer works.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Have you tried other browsers? Just to make sure it's not an issue with Safari

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

I haven't - seems obvious to try that, and I'll use Chrome to test, but I was hoping that it wouldn't be related to Safari - gotten so used to it that I'd hate to have to switch.

4. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

yeah it probably is just Safari. Safari has actually been causing me a few problems lately. So I've been using chrome instead and it's been working a lot nicer :)