Facebook Contact Photo Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Finz72, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Finz72 macrumors regular

Hi all. I need help. I set up my 5s yesterday and set up my gmail acct. It synced all my contacts and calendars to my phone fine. I then went onto the Facebook settings and logged in, wanting to sync my contacts with Facebook in order to have updated contact pictures. After I logged in, I clicked "update all contacts". All my contacts have old pictures, none were updated.

Can anyone give me a fool proof way to sync my contacts to Facebook in order to have my contact pictures update and continually update ? This is frustrating.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

the only app i use for this is called facedown2. it will require you to manually sync both lists. however im not sure if it auto updates when people change their photos. i dont think it does.

3. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

I'll take a look and see if this will be the answer. Thanks !!! It shouldn't take a third party app to do this, at least according to everything I've read.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

the iOS facebook "sync" screwed up my contacts royally. it would link peoples absolutely wrong facebook pages to my contacts. i had to manually go in and edit out all the info, contact by contact. i will NEVER use that facebook contact sync again.

after looking for a simple solution, all i wanted was FB pics and thats it, this app i found to be the simplest solution.

5. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

Is this found in the App Store ? I can't find facedown2. I'd be willing to try it if I can find it. Thanks.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

sorry, its called Facedown. but for some weird reason, once installed, it says Facedown2. i think that happened after an update.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/facedown/id391302938?mt=8

7. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks ! I'll try it. I also read about an app called Sync.me, any experience with that one ? It looks like it may do other things besides photo sync.

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

no experience with it, the one i gave you is all i needed it to do. from what i read, FB limits the amount of info that syncs now. so unless there is relevant info in their about section, info wont even sync. all i wanted was pictures anyways, no other info.