Facebook contact sync screwed up my contacts

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ajvizzgamer101, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Everyone of my friends who didn't have Facebook got put merged with Apple Inc and everyone of my friends who has Facebook are fine except for doubling of birthdays.

Anyway I can get my contacts back to the way i had them before crazy Facebook screwed everything up.

2. frostbit3 macrumors member

Is restoring from an iCloud backup an option? Not sure when the last time you backed up was, so you may be able to revert back and not have lost too much stuff.

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I just revoked contact privileges in the Facebook settings and it took them out.

Settings>Facebook

Attached Files:

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Its a big bug with Facebook syncing in iOS 6 Beta 1. Its recommended that you don't sync with it now.

5. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Even with phones that had facebook sync working properly (Palm Pre and Palm Pixi), facebook sync was a huge, hot mess.

Why? Because facebook itself is a huge, hot mess.

This will likely be the case for years to come.

6. RDowson macrumors regular

RDowson

Why can't it link existing contacts to their Facebook accounts (if they have one) without adding new contacts to my contact lists?

I don't mind my existing contacts getting their picture linked with Facebook so if they change their picture it changes in the v card too.

I don't want all the 150+ people on my Facebook that aren't in my contact list to be added to it. I've no need for that.

Also, many of my contacts have birthdays already assigned to them. I don't want duicates showing up in calendar. I do want Facebook event syncing though. That can be useful.

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You've been able to subscribe to to Facebook events without this integration for years.

Here's a guide on how to get your Facebook calendar's iCal link.

8. RDowson macrumors regular

RDowson

I know.

9. orlandocano macrumors regular

10. ryfo macrumors newbie

Just turn off Facebook contacts sync. It won't affect any other aspect of FB integration. I agree, FB contacts need a LOT of work before public release.