Facebook contact sync?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SaMaster14, Oct 12, 2011.

1. SaMaster14 macrumors 6502

Well I know on Blackberry you can sync contacts through the facebook app, but I couldn't find that option on the iOS facebook app.

I have an iPad and iPod Touch and since upgrading to iOS5 with the iMessage app I need some more numbers/emails in my contact list. And I know that I have a lot of contacts through facebook (that have their numbers and emails listed there)

I have a Blackberry (don't shoot me for that...), and I don't know how to transfer my BB contacts to my Mac's address book. I can back the contacts up, but they don't go to the Address Book app on my Mac.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

3. SaMaster14 thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought it was implemented, I just didn't know how to do it. But not sure.

I know Blackberry has it, and I think Android does as well, so this is definitely an awesome feature!

4. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

I was consolidating my contacts tonight along with my wife's. I notice all of her contacts that are on facebook show there facebook pages. I have iPhone 3G and she has 3GS. Don't know if it updates anything other than their facebook page.

5. puggles macrumors regular

go to the friends tab in the facebook app and press the arrow in the top right corner to sync contacts

6. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

I just did this. In your experience how long does it take or is it immediate? I just notice it says from now on. So my friends that I have right now don't sync?

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It will sync all the friends you have now. What it means is that you don't have to worry about syncing contacts again every time you add a friend - it's an automatic process.

8. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

I just went back in and checked a few of the people I have as facebook friends and there has been no update I will do it on my iPhone too, I just did it on the iPad. It may take some time.

9. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

How do we sync only the contacts we have on our phone. I dont want ALL my FB friends synced.....

10. psykick5 macrumors 6502

How do you sync it the way Android does? It puts all your FB contacts onto your phone, then you can hide all the ones without numbers. Is this possible on iOS?