iPhone Facebook Contact Sync

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by The Big Guy, May 7, 2015.

1. The Big Guy macrumors member

Does anyone know if Facebook syncs contact photos? It's pretty pathetic its part of iOS system and it has never worked. It syncs my contacts, but not their photos. Also, Facebook changed their API to not allow any app sync photos anymore. Very frustrated.:mad:

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. The Big Guy thread starter macrumors member

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

since when? sync.me updated a photo as recently as yesterday for me

5. colburnr macrumors regular

Same here

6. dahauss macrumors regular

I use SYNC.ME and yes it is working just fine. The iOS built in SYNC seems to do nothing...

7. The Big Guy thread starter macrumors member

Sync.me is not finding all facebook contacts either. User reviews this past week also say the same thing.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

That has been present to a small degree for a long time, unless it's gotten much more prevalent suddenly.

9. jbennett8000 macrumors newbie

I am an Android user. UberSync now displays a message stating that from May 2015, Facebook permanently removed the ability to retrieve the complete friend list, and that now you can only sync with friends that also use (or used in the past) UberSync, as they are keeping their own records as a workaround. So maybe this is why some of you can get some contacts synced.

10. James035 macrumors member

Uncheck 'Contacts'. Select 'Update All Contacts'. Check 'Contacts' again and then repeat the 'Update All Contacts' step. You should be able to see email, address, or whatever you requested access to. Additionally, it should also pull in their picture. Clumsy, but it works.

11. BigMcGuire, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015

BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Facebook wasn't syncing photos and yes - Sync.Me is having a problem with a handful of contacts as well.

I have a handful of contacts not getting a photo from Facebook. Really really annoying.

Oh well.

12. Pat123 macrumors newbie

Yes, on 30th April, Facebook deprecated the API that allowed third-party Apps to access the friend list of a user. When you now attempt to fetch your Facebook contacts from a third-party App, it will only show those contacts (in your friend list) who are also using the same App. Very annoying.

13. dahauss macrumors regular

How do I know if sync.me is having this issue on ios? The native Facebook sync built into ios does nothing.