Facebook contact syncs phone numbers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joehandel, Feb 24, 2011.

1. joehandel macrumors newbie

When I was trying to sync Facebook contacts to the iPhones native contact app, I expected it would download a ton of contacts, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. But instead it only added some profile pictures to the contacts I already had and a link to their Facebook page. I also tried creating a new contact and not adding anything to it but a name; the Facebook app synced only a picture and a Facebook link to that contact's profile.
    Am I wrong in assuming that existing iphone contacts would get all of that info and contacts that I don't have should automatically be added to my address book?

Thanks!

2. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

The Android version gives you the option to sync all Facebook contacts who list phone numbers on FB.

So far, on the iPhone version, I can only sync Facebook contacts with current people already existing in my contacts list.

3. himesh macrumors regular

As far as I'm aware, the app only lets you sync profile pictures, only if the names on your phone have to match how they are on facebook.

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Erm... this. Google and Facebook aren't playing nice with each other anymore. So much for the 'openness' of Android. ;) Maybe Apple will add FB syncing to iOS as a way of poking Google in the eye.